To receive graduate credit, you must complete the following assignments outside of class time:
For educators: School and Classroom Perspectives
- Desautels, Lori (2020) Connections Over Compliance: Rewiring Our Perceptions of Discipline.
For school-based mental health professionals: Mental health Perspective
- Dion, Lisa (2018). Aggression in Play Therapy: A Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity.
General Assignment Overview: (For information on specific assignments scroll down page)
- Section 1 post on forum.
- Developmental perspective research & write up – OPTION 1*
- Brain and Body State research & write up – OPTION 2*
- Listen to the 20 minute podcast called “How Trying to be Calm Gets in the Way of Regulation” and write a one page reflection paper.
- Section 2 post on forum.
- Section 3 post of forum.
- Complete a regulatory focused social-emotional behavior plan.
*Professionals working with other adults can chose one of these two assignments.
*Educators complete Option 2
The course is Pass/Fail
|10||Posts and responses on learning platform forum|
|25||Developmental perspective research & write up
Brain and Body State research & write up
|20||Listen to podcast & write reflection paper|
|25||Complete Regulatory focused social-emotional behavior plan|
|20||Class attendance and participation with completed quizzes for each class|
|Total 100||To receive credit you must receive 75 points|
If you have not yet registered for credit with CSU, you must do that. You can do so by clicking on the two following documents:
Specific Assignments and Materials
To turn in assignments, please upload to your goggle drive folder. The link was provided by your instructor.
- Post: As you have looked at your own, and others’ behaviors through a brain state and stress response lens, what have you noticed? How has using this lens impacted your thinking and/or behaviors? Post Due 9/12/22
- Developmental perspective research & write up PROFESSIONALS WORKING WITH OTHER ADULTS Paper Due 9/26/22
- Brain and Body State research & write up EDUCATORS OR PROFESSIONALS WORKING WITH OTHER ADULTS Paper Due 9/26/22
- Research and Write-Up Assignment Instructions
- Developmental Perspective Template
- Brain and Body State Template
- Listen to the 20-minute podcast called “How Trying to be Calm Gets in the Way of Regulation” and write a one page reflection paper. Due 10/17/22
- Posts: As you think about using the concepts of Braindrops, Learning Tools and somatosensory regulation, what challenges and benefits do you perceive Understanding that co-regulation starts with us, also has challenges and benefits. What do you see as the biggest challenges, and what are your thoughts for addressing them? Due 11/7/2022
- Lessons From the Playroom Podcast Reflection Paper Instructions
- Lessons From the Playroom Podcast #118: How Trying to be Calm Gets in the Way of Regulation
- Post: Understanding that relationship dynamics are complicated and based on past associations and patterns can help us recognize that how a student is behaving is “not about us.” How does seeing behavior and dynamics through this lens impact your own thinking and behavior? Due 11/28/22
- Complete a regulatory focused social-emotional behavior plan. Instructions and forms are below. Please have a specific student in mind and create a plan that you will be able to implement. Layered Social-Emotional Behavior Plans will be discussed in our final two classes. Due 12/12/22