At the Synergetic Education Institute, we believe that successful social-emotional learning involves supporting students and educational staff using integrated and differentiated approaches. Even amazing educators struggle when students are grappling with finding effective strategies for self-regulating through daily stress. Neuroscience can help us understand what is happening during moments of dysregulation.
In these initial trainings participants will learn to recognize when students are not in the higher regions of their brains, as this influences learning and behavior. Based on an understanding of how stress impacts processing capabilities, participants will learn to sequence engagement using a timeline approach. This enables educators to prepare brains to learn. Participants will learn how to shift daily routines to include intentional and explicit teaching of self-regulation skills. Equipped with the ability to create regulatory focused environments, participants will be supporting students in learning effective and appropriate ways to work through stress, anxiety, and challenges. Empower learners to believe they can not only manage perceived challenges but approach them with curiosity.
- Participants will learn how brain states and body states impact students’ abilities to learn.
- Participants will learn the different skills and components involved in developing self-regulation skills.
- Participants will examine ways to shift daily routines to include self-reflection which supports the re-wiring of brains and re-patterning of nervous systems.
- Participants will identify appropriate expectations and goals in different situations, and the neuroscience behind why some strategies are more effective at certain times.
- Participants will translate knowledge into creating environments that support self-awareness and self-reflection in students, leading to the discovery of their own regulatory needs.
Please note some key dates and information below:
Classes meet online from 8-11am (UTC-5) on 1/11/23 and 1/13/23
Join Zoom Meeting for BOTH Classes
Understanding and Recognizing Brain States
Nervous System Symptoms and Regulation Strategies in the Classroom
Teaching Self-Regulation & Interoception Skills