Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Using the concepts of Braindrops, Learning Tools, and somatosensory regulation has benefits and challenges. What do you perceive as the greatest benefits and challenges? How might you work with the challenges you identified?

Lisa Walton
    Participant

The benefits are that they can be used with all ages – with care to match the right ‘tool’ with the developmental stage / developmental mindset. Particularly for children they provide a means to scaffold Interoception from an early age. One of the challenges I see is that school curriculums are not built around these tools/approaches as a standard – so allying with educators in all the ways we have discussed so far in this course is essential to grow the engagement in incorporating them into curriculums. To foster mainstream uptake and adoption.

Judith Norman
    Keymaster

Yes, so valuable for scaffolding interoception and helping students become aware of the activation and find ways that are a “match” for the situation. One of the reasons I think it’s useful for us to look at this from the benefits AND challenges perspective is that it helps us understand how to work with the challenges.

Ekta Bid
    Participant

It is available for use for all ages. In Kenya, tools are not really allowed it would be great to see how I could change this perspective.

Judith Norman
    Keymaster

Ekta, it would be really interesting to discuss this topic from a cultural relevancy lens.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.